Updated June, 2023
Personal Information We Collect
The categories of personal information we collect depend on how you interact with us, our Services, and the requirements of applicable law. We collect information that you provide to us, information we obtain automatically when you use our Services, and information from other sources such as third-party services and organizations, as described below.
Information You Provide
Account Creation. When you create a user account, we may ask to collect personal information like your name, email address, and/or phone number. We may collect payment information. We may collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Connected Accounts.You may choose to connect other accounts such as your Instagram, TikTok, YouTube or Twitter accounts to our Services (“Connected Accounts Data”). Meebo's use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
Communications with Us. We may collect your email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about us, register for our newsletter, request customer or technical support, apply for a job or otherwise communicate with us.
Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide personal information.
Sweepstakes or Contests. We may collect personal information you provide for any sweepstakes or contests that we offer. In some jurisdictions, we are required to publicly share information of sweepstakes and contest winners.
Conferences, Trade Shows, and Other Events. We may collect personal information from individuals when we attend conferences, trade shows, and other events.
Business Development and Strategic Partnerships. We may collect personal information from individuals and third parties to assess and pursue potential business opportunities.
Job Applications. We may post job openings and opportunities on our Services. If you reply to one of these postings by submitting your application, CV and/or cover letter to us, we will collect and use your information to assess your qualifications.
Information Collected Automatically
Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, browser or device information, location information (including approximate location derived from IP address), and Internet service provider. We may also automatically collect information regarding your use of our Services, such as pages that you visit before, during and after using our Services, information about the links you click, the types of content you interact with, the frequency and duration of your activities, and other information about how you use our Services. In addition, we may collect information that other people provide about you when they use our Services, including information about you when they tag you.
Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in device browsers that store preferences and facilitate and enhance your experience.
Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in our Services that collects information about engagement on our Services. The use of a pixel tag allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement. We may also include web beacons in e-mails to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
Information from Third Parties
If you choose to login to our Service through a third party service such as Google or Apple, we may collect information about you from these services such as your name, email address and profile picture. We may use this information to help prevent fraud and to provide you with information about our Services.
How We Use Your Information
- Operationally Necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Services that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to use the Services.
- Performance Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including to help us understand how our users use the Services.
- Functionality Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Services or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed.
- Advertising- or Targeting-Related. We may use first party or third-party Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third-party websites.
- Develop, operate, improve, enhance, deliver, maintain and support our Services.
- Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services.
- Communicate with you about your account, our Services and policy changes.
- Enable you to share content with others.
- Analyze your usage of our Services so that we can find ways to make your experience better.
- Protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity.
- Undertake research for technological development.
- Enforce our terms and policies.
- Comply with our legal obligations, protect your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good. For example, to assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- Use your information for other purposes you consent to or are disclosed to you when you provide the information.
- Provide Short-term, transient use, such as contextual customization of ads.
Connected Accounts Data is used to increase the comprehensiveness and quality of generated conversations. We will process the information we import as a result of those connections to provide the Services to Meebo users. Connected Accounts Data will not be transferred to any other applications or recipients.
Marketing and Advertising our Products and Services
Some of the ways we market to you include email campaigns, custom audiences advertising, and “interest-based” or “personalized advertising,” including through cross-device tracking.
If you have any questions about our marketing practices or if you would like to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, you may contact us at any time as set forth in “Contact Us” below.
De-identified and Aggregated Information
Share Content with Friends or Colleagues
Our Services may offer various tools and functionalities to share content from the Service or the Service itself with others. For example, we may allow you to provide information about your friends through our referral services. Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services. Please only share with us contact information of people with whom you have a relationship (e.g., relative, friend neighbor, or co-worker).
How Your Information May Be Shared
We do not and never have sold consumers' personal information. We may share your personal information in the following ways.
Disclosures to Provide our Services
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers who use that information to help us provide our Services. This includes service providers that provide us with IT support, hosting, payment processing, customer service, and related services.
- Business Partners. We may share your personal information with business partners to provide you with a product or service you have requested. We may also share your personal information to business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services.
- Affiliates. We may share your personal information with our company affiliates for our administrative purposes, including activities such as IT management, for them to provide services to you or support and supplement the Services we provide. Affiliates include our parent company and any subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
- Other Users/Website Visitors. As described above in “Personal Information We Collect,” our Services allow you to share your profile and/or User Content with other Users/publicly, including to those who do not use our Services.
- Advertising Partners. We may share your personal information with third-party advertising partners. These third-party advertising partners may set Technologies and other tracking tools on our Services to collect information regarding your activities and your device (e.g., your IP address, cookie identifiers, page(s) visited, location, time of day). These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other services) for purposes of delivering personalized advertisements to you when you visit digital properties within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “personalized advertising.”
- APIs/SDKs. We may use third-party Application Program Interfaces (“APIs”) and Software Development Kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our Services. For more information about our use of APIs and SDKs, please contact us as set forth in “Contact Us” below.
Disclosures to Protect Us or Others
We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Disclosure in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
Your Privacy Rights and Choices
You have certain choices about personal information stored in our Services. Where you have consented to the processing of your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and prevent further processing by contacting us as described below. Even if you opt out, we may still collect and use non-personal information regarding your activities on our Services and for other legal purposes as described above.
Email and Telephone Communications
You may opt out of receiving text messages from us by updating your preferences in your account or by otherwise contacting us.
We may send you push notifications through our mobile application. You may opt out from receiving these push notifications by changing the settings on your mobile device. With your consent, we may also collect precise location-based information via our mobile application. You may opt out of this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device.
Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising
You may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. However, if you adjust your preferences, our Services may not work properly. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, you may opt-out of personalized advertisements on some mobile applications by following the instructions for Android, iOS and others. The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, the European Digital Advertising Alliance, and the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada. Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device.
Your Privacy Rights
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Access Personal Data about you consistent with legal requirements. In addition, you may have the right in some cases to receive or have your electronic Personal Data transferred to another party.
- Request correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update personal information stored for your account, or for data we do not control, we may refer you to the controller who is able to make the correction.
- Request Deletion, Anonymization or Blocking of your personal information when processing is based on your consent or when processing is unnecessary, excessive or noncompliant,
- Request restriction of or object to processing of your personal information, if applicable, where such requests are permitted by law.
- Withdraw your Consent to our processing of your personal information. If you refrain from providing personal information or withdraw your consent to processing, some features of our Service may not be available.
You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to submit a request through an authorized agent. To designate an authorized agent to exercise choices on your behalf, please select an agent registered with the Secretary of State of your state of residence and provide evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. We do not discriminate based on the exercise of any privacy rights that you might have.
Third Party Services
The Services may contain links to other websites and applications. In addition, we may have a presence on third party blogs, forums, and social media pages. We are not responsible for your interactions on these websites and applications, and we encourage you to review their privacy policies.
You agree that all information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected and require our third-party service providers and partners to have appropriate safeguards as well.
Our services are not directed to children under the age of 13 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. While individuals under the age of 13 may utilize our service, you must do so only with the involvement, consent and supervision of your parent or legal guardian.
Security of Your Information
By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services, by mail or by sending an e-mail to you.
If you are located in the European Economic Area or the UK, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law.
5214F Diamond Heights Blvd #3122
San Francisco, CA 94131 United States